An exciting adventure run, Relay Iowa - The World’s Longest Relay Run, will be passing through Odebolt again this summer. 2012 marks the 3rd annual relay run across Iowa where teams of up to 12 people run continuously for 3 days and 2 nights, from Sioux City to Dubuque, for a total of 337 miles.
This year the run will take place from June 8-10, 2012. We kick off the run at Sgt. Floyd Monument in Sioux City, on the morning of Friday June 8th. The run ends in Dubuque on Sunday, June 10th around 3pm. We will be running through Odebolt approximately 3:00 pm - 8 pm on Friday, June 8th.
Here are some fun facts about Relay Iowa:
• 337 miles
• Longest Relay Run in the World, the next closest being in France
• Longest by 100 miles in the US, and 20 miles in the world
• The only 2-overnight running relay in the United States
• Running through 35 Iowa towns
• We are a 501c3, raising money for an Iowa couple who run an orphanage for South African children affected by AIDS
• Partnered with Restoring Hope Int’l, based in Ankeny, Iowa
• See our website at www.relayia.org